Monday 11 April 2011

Video Concept Part 2

I’ve always been heavily influenced by Hype William productions. His managed to work with the hip hop and RnB giants like Jay-Z and Beyonce, but it wasn’t until he produced my favourite video “golddigger” by Kanye West, that I appreciated his work. Ever since, I have an admiration as well as an obsession with criticising and scrutinizing videos that are made by the great Hype Williams. Consequently, in my final concept I have decided to use a split screen in my video as it often a contrast in colours or patterning can keep an audience attracted to watching the screen. Williams also uses various effects to keep his videos modernised and entertaining, this is often achieved because the effects on screen matches the tempo of the song, sometimes it even helps to make the lyrics dominate more. E.g. YouTube - Kanye West - Gold Digger ft. Jamie Foxx


While researching mainstream artists such as Nelly Furtado, Adele and Leona Lewis, I found out their videos typically have a main story line that unfolds throughout the entire video. Normally this one story line will be the only one and it fits closely to the words in their songs. However I don’t envision AbbieSinger’s video to follow suit because I purposely want to go against the conventions of a slow song but at the same time I want the video to make sense. As this is an A2 piece I feel it would be inappropriate to film naked women/ men simply to shock the audience, instead I have chosen to have my video seem simple yet effective.  


No comments:

Post a Comment